Monday 26 October 2015

GRAMMAR: Possessive Adjectives (A1 / A2)

Go through the notes and do the activities below.


Possessive Adjectives







1. Complete the sentences with the correct possessive adjective.

1. Do you like .............. job?

2. I know Mr Watson, but I don't know .............. wife.

3. Alice and Tom live in London. .............. son lives in Australia.

4. We're going to have a party. We're going to invite all .............. friends.

5. Anna is going out with .............. friends this evening.

6. I like tennis. It's .............. favorite sport.

7. "Is that .............. car?" "No, I haven't got a car".

8. I want to phone Maria. Do you know .............. phone number?

9. Do you think most people are happy in .............. jobs?

10. I'm going to wash .............. hair before I go out.

11. This is a beautiful tree. .............. leaves are of a beautiful colour.

12. John has a brother and a sister. .............. brother is 25, and .............. sister is 21.



2. Complete the sentences with the correct possessive adjective.


1. She's goes to the gym with me. .............. name is Jane.

2. We're in room 5. .............. teacher is Michael.

3. New York is famous for .............. theatres.

4. How do you spell .............. name, Ricardo?

5. My friends are from Italy. .............. are Tito and Micaela.

6. This is my husband. .............. name is Steve.

7. I live in Oxford. .............. adress is 1 Ross House, Southcote Road.

8. Rita is in my class, but .............. husband is in a different class.

9. Italy is famous for .............. ice-creams.

10. We are neighbours. .............. house is next to your house.






ANSWERS: 
1) 1. your 2. his 3. their 4. our 5. her 6. my 7. your 8. her 9. their 10. my 11. its 12. his / his.
2) 1. her 2. our 3. its 4. your 5. their 6. his 7. my 8. her 9. its 10. our



If you found this post useful, you might want to consider subscribing to my blog for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment