Saturday 30 September 2017

GRAMMAR: Describing Habits (C1)

Have a look at the notes below and check all the structures you can use to talk about your habits either in the present or in the past.

Note that you can also talk about someone else's habits and you can even express your annoyance.











Now complete the sentences with ONE word.


1. I have a _____________ to forget people's birthdays.

2. As a child I _____________ to be very mischievous.

3. As a _____________, I never make arrangements for Sunday morning because we like to sleep in.

4. I _____________ to panic if I don't feel I'll be able to hand in the projects by the deadline.

5. She _____________ talk incessantly for hours and tell you all about her husband and kids.

6. He _____________ on making the same mistakes, he's a lost cause.

7. After school, I _____________ get home, have something to eat and do my homework.

8. She _____________ always texting me silly things. I'm fed up!

9. He had always been _____________ to headaches, even as a child.

10. Nine _____________ out of ten, she would get it wrong. She can't be trusted!





ANSWER KEY
1. tendency
2. used
3. rule
4. tend
5. will
6. keeps
7. would
8. is
9. prone
10. times

No comments:

Post a Comment